Friday, December 6, 2019

Friday Fun

This morning I met with a physician intended to be my new primary care. She heard 1 word and literally stopped listening to anything I said. I was accused of being a drug seeking liar who was getting multiple drugs from multiple doctors at the same time.

I cannot take over the counter pain medication. Tylenol has caffeine in it which triggers terrible headaches in me, and UT damages the liver so that's very much a no. Ibuprofen causes anemia and blood clotting issues. There's nothing I can do about the fact that it hurts when I lay down to sleep and I ask for pain management to give me just enough relief to go to sleep. I have been on the same milligram dosage and number of times a day taken since I was initially prescribed the medication. I am therefore not escalating my dosage nor am I abusing the substance.

It has been an impressive amount of time since I felt so despised and rejected by a doctor. I immediately contacted my other doctors. I don't know how I'll cope with the pain & sleeping challenges but at least I'll never have to see that doctor again. She didn't even ask if I was in pain. Just went from a semi nice person to not speaking for the majority of the 1+hours  I was in her office, unless it was to tell me I was lying.

So I'm trying to salvage my day. Stay positive and remember that the information backs me up, not the "drug seeker" myth. I have pain that validates my request. The pain management center who REFERRED ME TO THIS PHYSICIAN indicated that my pain management needs were so low, a family care practitioner should absolutely monitor and prescribe my pain medication.

So I burned the dinner I tried to make accidentally. And I've napped. And a nurse is coming at 8 pm to draw blood for lab tests. So that's fun. Hoping my day will be better by the time it's over. Because right now I'm still hurt emotionally from her allegations, and hurting physically from my myriad illnesses, abdominal surgeries and adhesions.

1 comment:

  1. ❤️sending love and hugs. It’s not fair when people who are in a position to care and tend to our needs are automatically persuading themselves of a scenario that doesn’t exist. I am sorry that your weren’t listened to, how very frustrating that is. You deserve a great physician and I do hope and pray you are given just that.
    Love you ❤️

    ReplyDelete