Sunday, July 5, 2015

Free from Tyrrany and Gluten

What an eventful few weeks! Happy Independence Day, happy birthday and happy anniversary to anyone I missed.


I'm on Week 4 of my new diet. I wish I could say more changes have happened, but so far the diet changes haven't helped me as much as I'd hoped.


Just for those keeping score at home, I am now on a low sugar/ low fiber/ gluten free/ no fresh fruit/ no fresh veggies diet. It's pretty restrictive. I'm also drinking 64+ ounces of water throughout the day in addition to the occasional green tea.


I did have that I have the chance to eat with friends Thursday night - my host was gracious and made a mini side-meal for me while the larger group enjoyed a traditional cook out. I also got to spend time with friends Friday night who also accommodated all my constraints. I'm very grateful for their concern and help with my "lifestyle."


All these changes haven't improved anything, but all I can do is what I'm asked so that we can eliminate what is and isn't hurting me.


My liver tests are still coming back with bad news. No one knows why my liver is reacting this way, and I've been through three weeks of testing trying to get answers. With no clear end in sight, I'm heading back to hospitals this week for more serious testing and more serious investigation.


I've been enjoying some poetry (reunited with an old love, Derek Mahon), and I did a paint night that was too much fun! I'm looking forward to another one soon, and I'm starting to get my legs under me finding the balance between all I want to do (and I used to be able to do) and all I can do now.


I'll confess, I've had some hard moments. Wishing I could see myself healthy enough to go on a trip with my husband. Getting to a place where I am able to go bike riding without endangering myself. There are so many things I had envisioned in my future. I'm fighting to get healthy enough to keep some of those goals in my world. It's not easy, but I just keep my eyes on the prize and keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment